Thursday, March 28, 2019
The PW Library is looking for donations of books and makerspace
materials from our school community. We are looking for:
Books - gently used and in good condition
Cardboard - flattened corrugated cardboard boxes
Plastic Containers - large containers with lids like the Kawartha Dairy ice cream tub
Building Materials - Lego, K’nex, wooden building blocks, etc.
Craft Supplies - cardboard tubes, yarn, knitting needles, string,
pipe cleaners, Popsicle sticks, fabric, buttons, origami paper, etc.
Thank you for supporting the PW Library!
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Sunday, September 16, 2018
Mrs. Cann Meets Eric Walters at Telling Tales 2018!!!!
Telling Tales is a fabulous outdoor festival that celebrates reading and Canadian children's book authors. This year I met Eric Walters, Kevin Sands, and Kenneth Opal. Be sure to check out the great selection of books by these authors in the PW Library.
Sunday, June 10, 2018
PW LIBRARY SUMMER READING TOP 10
10. Visit your local Library. The Oakville Public Library has 6 Branches spread throughout
Oakville: Central, Woodside, White Oaks, Iroquois Ridge, Clearview and our local Glen
9. Visit a Library where you are vacationing.
8. Download a book from the HDSB Overdrive catalogue. Did you know that the Overdrive
Summer Reads collection offers unlimited access? All you need is your Library barcode #.
7. Download the Hoopla app through the Oakville Public Library. Did you know you can
access movies, music and books 24/7?
6. .Read outside. Find a comfy chair in the shade or by a pool or lake.
5. Pick a new series to read.
4. Join the Oakville Public Library Summer Reading Program.
3. Try some of the awesome websites in HDSB’s Elementary Internet Tools page. Some of
our favourites include BookFlix, Power Knowledge and PebbleGo. You can access these quality sites here: https://eit.hdsb.ca/EIT-english.html
2. Read a comic or graphic novel.
1.Read to someone: a friend, Grandma, Grandpa. brother, sister, pet.
On behalf of the PW Library I want to wish everyone a fantastic summer full of fun and
relaxation. By reading lots of great books over the summer you’ll be off to a great start in